Thursday, October 30, 2008

Costume shopping

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 24th - 2008

Joe, Michael and Alex have been begging me to take them to the Spirit Halloween store to look for costumes.  I finally caved and took them today.  You know what I realized?  Halloween is just an excuse for girls to dress in slutty costumes.  Seriously 95% of the girls costumes were low cut and short skirts.  I'm glad Joe is a boy.  Also, cheapy Halloween costumes are seriously overpriced.  Some of them were upwards of $50.00.  
We are usually all about the home-made costumes anyway.  They are more creative and you don't end up wearing the same thing as 50 other people.  I did end up buying something for Joe, but it's just an accessory.  Most of his costume we are coming up with at home.  He is pretty excited about it.  You'll just have to wait until Halloween to see it.

The boys had a better time shopping than I did.  They enjoyed looking at all of the creepy, gory, halloween stuff.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

I am so with you on this! I make my costumes because I refuse to wear the ones that make you look like a hooker!

Sheri said...

I noticed the same thing when I went in there! Thanks for taking Xander - he had a great time!

Charlotte said...

What's wrong with you guys? I have always dreamed of being a size 0 SLUT! LOL!!

Unknown said...

Just count your stars. I can't even find NON HALLOWEEN modest clothing for the girls.

ducklips said...

I agree, store bought Halloween costumes are for the birds.
My favorite costume I saw this year was on the teenage daughter of my old bishop. She was a whisk. It was amazing. I wish I had a picture.