Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's debatable

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 15th - 2008

So, part of Joe's homework assignment tonight was to watch the debate and then write 3 - 5 things about what each candidate said, so that they could discuss it in class the next day.  
I had a few problems with this assignment.  First of all, Wednesdays is our busy day.  Joe had both guitar and scouts tonight.  On Wednesdays he doesn't even get home until nearly 9:00 p.m.  And he usually goes right to bed.  With the length of time it takes him, he's not usually asleep until about 10:00 on Wednesday nights.  This makes for a fun Thursday morning.   So, to make a long night even longer, I had to tape the debate for him to watch when he got home.

I didn't realize that it started at 6:00 and not 7:00.  So, I missed the entire first hour.  Then, try to get him to focus when he's tired.  That's fun (heavy sarcasm).  We eventually got it done.  It was 11:30 before he got to sleep.  

Also, by now I am about sick of politics and this election.  I'm done hearing everyone blather on about it.  I just want for it to be over.  I didn't want to watch the debate and now I was forced into it.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm going to vote.  It is my freedom and my right.  It's just that by now, I already know who I'm voting for.  One more debate was not going to change my mind.  

Did I mention how much I hated this homework assignment?

3 comments:

Teresa said...

I understand how you feel. I am so tired of all the media coverage and the way the news reporters treat us like we are stupid. Give me the facts and let me make up my own mind.

Sheri said...

I'm right there with ya sista.

LauraB said...

I have a real problem with MAKING kids watch the debate. That's seems a little wrong to me.