Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Sad Christmas News

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 16th - 2008

Today I am sad because I found out that 2 of my very favorite things about the Christmas season will not be available anymore.  I know it's not quite the holiday season yet, but October is the time when you (I mean me) start to get excited about it.  

The one thing I look forward to all year is when the Shamrock Farms Peppermint Stick ice cream comes out.  It's usually out by the end of September.  In fact, Brian has made a bit of a tradition to buy it for me on our anniversary, which is September 29th.  But, this year it wasn't out yet.  So, we've been keeping an eye out for it ever since.  He finally contacted Shamrock Farms and they gave him the sad news that it has been discontinued.  Now picture me making a sad face.  

This is the only photo I could find of it off the internet.  I don't know why it is so tiny.  Luckily Dryers has a peppermint version as well.  It's not quite as good, but will have to do.

Also, this year I learned that Bath & Body works has discontinued their sugar and spice body wash.  First they get rid of the gingerbread and now the sugar and spice is gone.  How am I supposed to smell yummy this year?  I think someone is conspiring to ruin my Christmas season.  

2 comments:

prism said...

Hey, Kim - there's still hope about the ice cream... Schwan's also makes a peppermint stick ice cream, and it's mighty tasty, as I recall. We just got their catalog yesterday, and they DO have it (seasonally). You should be able to order from their site www.schwans.com. You just need to make sure you're there when they deliver it.

If I see any spicy body wash, I'll let you know.

Sheri said...

I saw Peppermint Stick ice-cream at Super Target the other day and thought of you...

You smell yummy any way - you don't need that stuff :)