Thursday, October 9, 2008

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 2nd - 2008

Ok, so Joe is a chatty guy.  He loves to talk - especially to me.  We have some great talks together and I really love it that we are friends and can hang out and have good conversations. However, today I needed some silence.  I had been paying bills and balancing my checkbook and had somehow made an error.  I was off.  I'm not talking pennies here, I'm talking $150.00.  So, I'm trying to figure out where I went wrong.  All the while Joe is sitting there chatting up a storm.  I'm trying to listen and work, but I am getting increasingly frustrated because I can't figure out my mistake.  All the while, Joe keeps on asking me questions, and showing me magic tricks - etc.  Finally, I had to politely ask him if he could give me a few minutes of quiet so I can figure this out.   He agrees and I suggest that maybe he should go in his room and do some reading.  So he leaves.  A few minutes later, I look up from my work and I notice Joe standing across the room with his hand raised.
He had thought of something else to tell me, but didn't want to interrupt my work, so he was politely standing there waiting for me to call on him.  

I thought it was cute that he didn't want to interrupt.  I told him that his school teacher would be proud.

I finally figured out the mistake - thank goodness.

6 comments:

Karen Lambson said...

Wow Joe, that's really thoughtful.

Teresa said...

How considerate! You raised a good kid there.

Sheri said...

Why won't Ben raise his hand? Maybe Joe could have a talk with him...

drjlambson said...

Kim you should take a look at our friend's blog. She had an 80's prom night just for fun. It might give you ideas for your party. Her blog is ahulllotoffun.blogspot.com Or you can just click the link to Sarah & Bryant on Tricia's blog

ducklips said...

That is hilarious. What a good kid.

Heather said...

You trained him well. Lucky you.