Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cabin Day 2

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 10th - 2008

Here was the view this morning from one of the upstairs balcony's.  This was in Darrel and Trina's room.
Today was a work day.  Joe and the rest of the boys helped Grandpa pick up garbage all around the inside and the outside of the cabin.  The wind was blowing pretty hard, so there was garbage all over the property.  The boys got to take the ranger out to round up the trash, so it wasn't too bad.  They also had to pick up trash inside the cabin and in the garage.  Here is Joe taking a rest from his labors:
My mom and I did some much needed cleaning.  We did the 3 upstairs bathrooms.  We also cleaned the tile in the kitchen/dining room, and we worked on the wood floors in the rest of the cabin.  Then we went into town to get some supplies.

My dad and Paul unboxed and set up furniture almost all day.  I'm sure they were happy when my mom and I went into town.  We had them moving around the couches all morning trying out different lay outs in different rooms.  The saddest was when they had put the brown leather couch upstairs and we had them move it back down and put a different couch upstairs.  Poor guys.  They probably sighed a huge sigh of relief when we went into town.  We were bossing them around pretty good.  Hey, isn't it a woman's prerogative to change her mind?
On the plus side, most of the furniture in the house is put together now.  It's definitely live-able.  This is a picture of the game table in the family room.  We are going to play a lot of Yahtzee, Nertz, Dominoes and Hearts at that table.  I can't wait.

3 comments:

prism said...

Wow - nice cabin! I never did get to see the old one. I'm so glad you got to have some fun.

NNA said...

Hi, I found your blog post through a search for “Nertz”. It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks

Sheri said...

O.k. I'm a little weirded out after reading Nertz's comment but let me just say WOOHOO about the cabin being done!