Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cabin Day

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 9th - 2008

I have been looking forward to this day for a long time.  Today I got to go here:
It's been over a year since I've been up here, and I've been going through major withdrawals.  In fact.  I've been going through withdrawal's since the old cabin burned down (was that in 2001 or 2002?).  Brian, Joe and I used to go up there A LOT.  We miss it.  My dad has been working on this cabin for years.  It is so nearly completed now.  We should all be up there for Thanksgiving.  I can't wait.

Anyway, my mom and I packed up the boys (Joe, Michael and Alex) and headed up north.  You get a real interesting insight into the mind of boys when you are trapped in a car with them for 4 hours.  But that is another story.  

This was the first thing they did when they got to the cabin (of course).  My dad, Paul and Dallin had gone up earlier in the week to work.  When Joe, Michael and Alex got there, they took the ranger out for a ride.  
The boys pretty much had free reign of the upstairs, and they made good use of it.  I love the cabin because the boys don't sit around watching t.v. or playing video games.  They hang out together, go for hikes, go for rides, make up games to play and just have a good time.
I also love the cabin because the days seem so long.  You can be up there 2 days and it feels like a week.  Also, the weather is SO much nicer.  After dying from the heat all summer, it was nice to get into the cool air.  

This was a GREAT day.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

That looks like so much fun. Although, I must say that I think cabin is the wrong word. That looks more like a resort!