Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Brian's Law

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 3rd - 2008

First of all, yes, I am aware that I am over a week behind, but I went out of town for a few days, so it will take me a few days to catch up.  

I'm sure you are familiar with Murphy's Law:  "If anything can go wrong, it will."  Well, I've come up with my own variation on Murphy's Law.  I call it Brian's Law.  It goes a little something like this:  "If anything can go wrong, it will....happen to Brian."  If something is going to go wrong in any given situation, it will happen to Brian.  Let me cite some examples just this past year.  

Example 1:  Brian has surgery on his deviated septum to stop major recurring sinus infections.  It turns out that he was probably mis-diagnosed, as the pain didn't stop after the surgery.  The problem was that he had 7 wisdom teeth that needed to be pulled - 2 of which were very close to the sinus cavity.  That was what was probably causing all of the pain.

Example 2:  Brian goes on a guys vacation to San Diego with friends.  Guess who steps on  a stingray?  

Example 3:  As many of you know, Brian plays on a softball team for Ganem Jeweler's on Friday nights.  This Friday actually started off pretty good.  Jason made an awesome throw to Brian at first base which he caught.  Yep, this girl was OUT!
Here is where Brian's Law starts to kick in:  His first at bat.  All looks fine here, so far.  
He hits the ball and takes off running.  The Shortstop grabs the ball and throws it as hard as he can to the first baseman.  The throw is a little high.  Care to guess where it landed?
Yep, right on the side of Brian's head.  At first I thought that the ball had hit the first baseman's glove and then bounced off it to hit Brian's head, but no, it was a straight shot to the head.  Luckily it didn't hit him in the temple.  It was a couple of inches higher.  But let me just say that you could see where the stitches from the softball left their marks on his head.
Needless to say, he did not play the rest of the game.  Luckily we live about 2 minutes from the field.  I hurried home and got him some ice packs and motrin.  After 4 motrin and about 20 minutes he was starting to feel a little better.  He wanted to stay and watch the rest of the game.  They ended up loosing.  I think he'd like to think it was because he couldn't play first base.  They just couldn't win without him (kidding).  

He did actually stay and play another game after this one.  What was he thinking?

I told Brian I'm going to start calling him Mishap Man (M&M for short).  Maybe I'll start a comic book about all of the misadventures of Mishap Man.  

Be sure to stay tuned for the next installment of Mishap Man where "If anything can go wrong, it will...happen to Brian."

Poor Bunny!

5 comments:

Brian said...

At least I was safe. I did touch the bag.

Sheri said...

Brian is a bit accident prone. Hopefully that gene skips Joe.

Unknown said...

Of all the games to miss???!!!!

Brian said...

See what happens when you don't show T? I'm worried. If we win Friday we could play a double header next Friday and you won't be there. I could end up unconscious or something!!!

Shauna said...

Back to Example #1 - I had seven wisdom teeth pulled when I was 16. I've never heard of anyone else having the same thing. Weird!