Friday, October 24, 2008

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 18th - 2008

Today I had to take one of these:  
It was not good.  These are my dizzy pills.  About a year and a half ago I got really sick.  It came out of nowhere.  I was fine one minute and the next the room was spinning so much I couldn't stand up.  Next came the violent vomiting.  I have NEVER felt like that in my whole life.  Brian took me to the emergency room.  It turns out I had vertigo.  I thought that was odd.  I always thought vertigo had something to do with heights.  Mine was due to an inner ear infection.   The problem is, I have some permanent hearing damage in my right ear.  So, chances are I would experience this again.  And, I did.  Not so violently the next time because my doctor gave me these pills to combat it.  So, any time I felt it coming on I would take one of the pills.  At first I was having quite a few recurrences.  But, I haven't had one in a long time.  Not for at least 5 months.  I was beginning to think I was over it.  

Today I was feeling a little out of it all day.  Nothing too serious, just a little run down.  Then tonight I felt the dizzy coming on.  I really didn't want to take the pill.  While it does a really good job with combating the dizzy, nauseous feeling, it also totally knocks you out.  I'm talking like 12 - 24 hours here.  I fought it as long as I could, but I had to end up taking one tonight.  Who knew a tiny little pink pill could be so powerful?

7 comments:

Teresa said...

Yuck. I'm so sorry. I hope you are feeling better now!

Sheri said...

Can I have one of those pills? Because I basically lay awake at night contemplating all the bad things that are going to happen.

Also, that sucks! If you ever need me to come and get Joe just call!

Trina said...

Oh man that sounds bad!! Thanks for having the Row and Ad over. You are so sweet! They absolutely are in love with you! You're so great!

AZ Hey-mon said...

I hope you are feeling better. Missed you yesterday. It's cool though I'll get you the next 3 times they ask me to sub in nursery.

Charlotte said...

I so was thinking the same thing as Sheri, LOL. Can I have one?

Kim said...

You guys can have one but be prepared to be seriously knocked out for at least 12 - 24 hrs.

ducklips said...

Oh, lame. Hope you feel better soon.