Saturday, September 13, 2008

Windstorm

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 11th - 2008

So, Adam and I are sitting at my parents dining room table, talking books (like usual).  Joe, Dallin, Michael and Alex are out back swimming.   It's pretty quiet in the house.  All of a sudden Adam and I hear this strange howling sound.  We both look up at the same time.  What?  We look out the window and it is blowing dust like crazy.  It happened so fast.  One second it was quiet, the next second, the wind is blowing furiously out the window.  Crazy.  

The boys couldn't let a day like this go to waste.  They quickly got out of the pool, and spent the rest of the afternoon running around in the blowing wind.
It reminded me of when I was younger.  We used to get actual monsoon storms back then.  Blowing dust, clouds, lightning rain.  I've always loved summer monsoon storms.  That was the best time to run the neighborhood and play.  While we didn't get any rain out of this one, the boys got to run wild in the wind.  

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I love storms like that. It cools everything down.

Teresa said...

Cool storm!