Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Waiting for Joe

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16th - 2008

This is one of my favorite parts of the day:
To the untrained eye it may look like I am just waiting in line:  boring.  To me, it is much more than that.  You see, I am waiting in line to pick up Joe from school.  I've missed him all day, and I can't wait to see his face.  While I'm waiting I always have a book with me.  I usually get in about 20 minutes of guilt free reading.  Guilt free reading is the best.  I love to read, but when I'm at home and there are other things to do (laundry, dishes, shopping, etc) I always feel guilty about reading.  When I'm in the car waiting, I don't have to feel guilty.  I HAVE to be there.  Joe needs a ride home. 

So, you see, I am not just waiting in line, I am guilt free reading while I happily anticipate seeing the kiddo.  It's great.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

What a great spin to put on this!

Trina said...

ahh, guilt free reading! Love it! I just recently realized I liked to read but like you I feel like I have much other things to do. And I love that Brian bought a pumpkin!!! I keep buying the halloween candy to put in jars, but then I accidently eat them all so a pumpkin is a much better idea! Way to go Bryan.

Sheri said...

I love guilt free reading too. I read while in the drive up circle, although sometimes I'm driving too. So I guess that counts as dangerous reading?

prism said...

You are so good... I don't like waiting in line, so all my kids ride the bus (of course, they go to three different schools, so it's physically impossible to go pick them all up anyway).

You shouldn't feel guilty about reading - it's ok to take some time do do something YOU want to do (as long as you don't overdo it). The laundry is patient. It will wait for you. :-)