Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm officially a magician's assistant

THURSDAY, AUGUST 28th - 2008

Today I was officially named Joe's magician assistant.  Earlier this week we ordered a few things off of a magic website.  The package came today.  Can you even guess how excited Joe was?  He had to practice his tricks a lot, and decided he needs someone to assist him, guess who got the job?  Me.  

This trick is awesome.  It's hard for a picture to do it justice, but he can spin this card and make it levitate.  It's not just lying on the couch there, it's floating in the air.  It's hard to tell with a 2 dimensional picture.  
He couldn't wait to show this trick to Brian when he got home from work.   Brian was skeptical at first, and had to touch Joseph's hands to make sure there was nothing on them - no string or anything.  After that, he was very impressed.

It was funny, after I put Joseph to bed for the night, I caught Brian playing with the levitating card, trying to figure out how it is done.  He couldn't.  He begged me to tell him how it's done, but, alas, a magician's assistant never reveals the secrets.

On a separate note, Josh and Rowan were both sporting their ASU shirts today.  Perhaps they are looking forward to ASU football season which starts this weekend.

Also, Rafael Nadal won his tennis match today and will advance to the next round of the U.S. Open.

Lastly - rain today.

Was today a great day or what?

4 comments:

prism said...

That's great. Your posts about Joe are so fun, I picked up a couple of simple magic trick books from the library for Ethan - he's had a little fun so far, but I don't think he's as driven as Joe is about it.

Hey, you should post some of Joe's drawings sometime. I haven't seen any since he was about 5 or 6 and they were really good thenc. :-)

LauraB said...

Ooooo...so if I order the magic kit I'll learn how it's all done?? Cool. Where's the website?

Kim said...

Yeah, I'm kinda' not gonna' tell you where it is, um',
I keep the secrets. sorry'

:)oe

Sheri said...

I'm going to have to see that trick. Maybe he can do some tricks for FHE? Also, remind me to tell him about the magician I saw Saturday night.