Monday, September 15, 2008

It's the Great Pumpkin???

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 13th - 2008

I've mentioned Saturday night shopping before.  I can't manage to get the grocery shopping done, so Brian makes a late night grocery run so we can make it through Sunday without having to shop.  Brian then comes home with all kind of strange extra's.  It's a trade off.  I don't have to grocery shop in exchange for not making any (negative) comments about his weird buys.  If he's willing to shop, I'm willing to put up with extra's.

This is what he came home with this week (there were more, but this was the best).  
He was so pleased with himself.  I mentioned that it may be a tad early to be buying a pumpkin. Halloween is more than a month away.  He said he couldn't resist.  It was the perfect pumpkin.  It's perfectly shaped.  It stands up on it's own.  It has a cute little stem at the top.  It's not lopsided or caved in on one side.  It's PERFECT.  How can you pass up perfect?  I guess you can't.
Hopefully it won't be rotten by Halloween.  I'll let him gut it this year - just in case.

I LOVE having a husband who LOVES the Holiday's.  

Also today:  Brian & Joe went to the ASU game with Paul and Michael.  Sadly, ASU lost.  I went out to dinner with my mom and dad, and I didn't even feel like a 3rd wheel.  It was fun.  Thanks mom.  

3 comments:

Teresa said...

It's not too early to get into the spirit of the holiday. I LOVE Halloween. It is my 2nd favorite holiday (Christmas is my top spot!)

Sheri said...

That is the perfect pumpkin.

AZ Hey-mon said...

Wow, I have never seen a prouder pumpkin daddy before. I can see why he couldn't resist it.