Monday, September 15, 2008

Sketches

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 14th - 2008

Joe has a very active imagination.  Consequently, it is VERY hard for him to sit through sacrament meetings on Sunday.  I know he's a little old, but I still let him bring a notebook so he can draw during the meeting.  He has to be DOING something.  I'm just so impressed with his sketches.  He really has the ability to make something up in his mind and then sketch it quickly on paper.  I was always pretty good at drawing, but I can only really draw something if I'm looking at it.  I have never been good at drawing from the imagination.  I'm more than a bit envious of his talent.  
This took him like 2 minutes to do.  He'll probably be mad because he is also a perfectionist and probably won't think this is his best work because it's on lined paper, and he didn't take his time.  I think it's great.  Over the years he has made some pretty cool drawings.  I should dig them out and put them together in a book.  He has some really awesome dragons.  Maybe I'll post those some day.  

I really want to encourage him to develop this talent.  I think with some classes he could be really good.  It makes me happy to see him draw.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Maybe Joe should illustrate your children's book.

Sheri said...

He is an awesome artist. I am always impressed by what he draws.

Unknown said...

I am jealous. I SO wish I could draw. Don't get me wrong, I can make a mean stick figure!! You're awesome Joe. Also gut those bad boys, I LOVE LOVE LOVE pumpkin seed!!