Saturday, September 13, 2008

Homework

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10th - 2008

Joe has been working on maps in school.  He was given an assignment to create his own map.   Certain guidelines had to be followed.  He was given a week to do a rough draft and a completed draft.  Every night I'd ask him how his map was coming.  He had finished the rough draft and had most of the final draft drawn out in pencil.  All he needed to do was color.  Unfortunately, he left that until tonight.  Of course, the map is due tomorrow.  He spent about 3 hours today making sure it was perfect.  He is a perfectionist like me.  Because he had scouts tonight, the last hour and a half he spent working on it was from about 9:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.  Notice his tired eyes in this picture?  
He will be tired in class tomorrow, but he did a great job.
I guess I can't blame him.  I was always a procrastinator when it came to school work.  I spent many late nights finishing up projects the night before they were due.  I think I work better under pressure.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

It looks great! He definitely has your artistic ability too.

Karen Lambson said...

Wow Joe that is a great map. What are the names of all your countries?

Teresa said...

Wow. That is great. Sometimes we do our best work under pressure of a deadline!