Monday, September 1, 2008

Addy's birthday party

FRIDAY, AUGUST 29th - 2008

Happy birthday to Addy.  Addy is cute, sassy, sweet, silly and tons of fun.  I love hanging out with this girl.  

Addy's birthday was actually yesterday, but her party was today.  I was lucky to be invited.  Mom and Max came with me.  When we pulled up to the house, there were no cars in front of it, so we were a little worried, but Max said that the kids mom's probably dropped them off.

He was right.  This is what he saw when he walked in the door - a whole house full of girls (there were actually more girls than are pictured here).  It was a tinkerbell party after all.  Max was a little mortified.  He made a beeline for Rowan's room and shut the door.  He hid out in there for a little while.

Don't worry, he found some of Rowan's toys to keep him occupied.  Ro and I even hung out in the room with him for a while.  Then, a bunch of girls came through the door.  He didn't say a word.  He just set down the toy, got up and silently walked out of the room.  He did eventually warm up.  He came out to decorate a goodie bag.  Trina got him his own Spiderman stickers to use.  He liked that.  He also liked filling it with tons of candy.

Here is Addy blowing out the candles on her cake.  I can't believe she is 4.  Time goes by too fast.

Then it was time for presents.  Addy's favorite movie right now is The Land Before Time.  She loves Cera, and was happy to get a Cera toy for her birthday.
I had to leave a little early to go pick up Joe from school, so I didn't get to see her open all of her presents.  The girls were so cute though.  They all crowded around Addy trying to get her to open their present first.  I overheard one girl saying: "Open my present.  It's awesome!"

Max came with me to pick up Joe.  I asked him if he had a good time at the party.  He said he did.  I did too.  Thanks for inviting me Addy.

4 comments:

Karen Lambson said...

Kim you take such good pictures. You really captured the best things about Addy's party. Isn't she adorable!!

LauraB said...

What a little beauty! Love her dress - she looks so grown up in that!!

Trina said...

Max is so great! He was awesome at the party! And so were you! Thanks!

Sheri said...

She is such a cutie. I'm glad she got a Cera - I know how much she loves her.