Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Snickerdooles

SUNDAY, AUGUST 31st - 2008

I have a lot of nicknames for Joe - Bo, Ho Ho, Boss Man, mojo jojo - to name a few.  One of my favorites though is "Snickerdoodle".  There are 2 reasons I call him this.  The first is quite obvious:  His favorite cookies are snickerdoodles (and he's sweet like a snickerdoodle).  The second reason I call him this is because of the sprinkling of light brown freckles across his nose and cheeks.  It reminds me of the cinnamon sprinkled on the top of a snickerdoodle cookie.  This is one of his oldest nicknames.  I've been calling him this since he was about 2 or 3.  He's 11 now and I'm sure he would like me to retire this nickname, but I can't help it.  As long as he has that sprinkling of freckles, he will always be my snickerdoodle.
Here is a close up shot of his cinnamon sprinkles.

He actually earned another nickname this weekend:  ED.  It stands for: Easily Distracted.  Sometimes, to motivate him to go faster, I call him "Special Ed."  Am I mean or what?  It's ok.  He knows I love him

Do you have any nicknames for your kids? 

4 comments:

prism said...

Hahah... love those freckles.

Here are our nick-names:

"Hana Banana" (obviously)

Ethan doesn't really have one, except we call him "Buddy" a lot. Occasionally "X" for his middle name (Exavier), but not so much.

Oran - "Fro-Bro" because his hair is crazy curly. The kids sometimes call him "Orange"

Kael - "K-Lo" is the only one I can think of that we use. Rich's dad calls him "Little Quman", because Kael always says "Hi, Big Human" to grandpa.

Teresa said...

What great pics. I actually have tried to make a special effort to call Jack by his name because it occured to me that he might never learn it otherwise since I call him so many things: Happiness, Buddha Baby, Babykins, BabyMamaJamma, I could go on and on.

LauraB said...

Yes, Kim that is mean. Hey, you asked!

Sheri said...

I call Evan Crazy Man or Ev.

I call Ben Chatty Cathi or Drama.

I don't have one for Xander or Max.