Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I heart Books

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 7th - 2008

Yes, it's another book.  What can I say, I love to read.  Well, a few days ago, I finished the book "The City of Ember".  Adam gave it to me to read.  It was a pretty quick read, and I liked it.  I asked him if he had book 2 in the series.  He said that he's been searching for it, but it's been hard to find.  So, Brian ended up ordering it for me off of Amazon.  In the meantime, I need something to read.  So, I raided Joe's book shelf.  I found this book:
Since I'm into kids fantasy books and I love dragon's I decided to read it.  It took me a few chapters to get into it, but then I was hooked.  I enjoyed it a lot.  The only thing that really confused me is that the book really has nothing to do with Dragon's.  Part of the draw for me to read it was the dragon pictured on the cover.  There is NO dragon in this book.  However, I enjoyed it quite a bit.  

The good thing is that it has not 1, but 2 sequels in the series that I look forward to reading.  I think I'm getting involved in too many book series though.  I currently have 5 different series' that I'm waiting for follow up books on.  I just started reading "The Dragon Heir" - a book 3 of a series.  I am waiting for "Brisinger" book 3 of the Inheritance Cycle.  "Inkdeath" book 3 in it's series comes out in early October.  And Now I have book 2 & 3 of the Ven Polypheme series to read, and I'm still waiting for my follow up of "The City of Ember" to come in the mail.

At least I will always have something good to read.

What are you reading?

4 comments:

prism said...

I've read two of the Ember books, and have the third one, but haven't read it yet. Out of the first two, I definitely liked the first one better, but they are both good.

I finally bought Twilight, but haven't read it yet.

I guess I don't read that much (fiction, anyway), and I just got an art supply order yesterday, so you know what I'll be doing... :-)

Teresa said...

I love amazon, but it is dangerous to have the ordering process so easy to do from home!

I think someone needs to have a book exchange so we can all try out the favorites of others.

Kim said...

Teresa, that is a great idea. Especially because I usually end up buying the books I'm into. It's getting costly and I'm running out of room to store the books.

Sheri said...

I LOVE Teresa's idea. I need something good to read. How about you bring your stash of books to mom's (the ones you know I haven't read) and I pick?