Wednesday, September 3, 2008

mushrooms, football & Mamma Mia

SATURDAY, AUGUST 30th - 2008

Today Joseph went to mow the lawn at my mom's house.  As he was mowing the front yard he came across a bunch of mushrooms growing in the yard.  For some reason mushrooms are fantasy, fairytales and magic to me.  I haven't seen one in the yard for so long.  They used to grow there all of the time when I was little.  When the weather was nice, one of my favorite things to do would be to grab a blanket and a book and hang out in the grass for a while.  So, I took a photo to try and capture some of the magic and memories of my childhood.


Tonight was the first night of the ASU football season.  Brian, Joe, Tricia and Jared went.  I was worried that Joe might get bored because he was the only kid going, but after the game he told me he had a blast and that Tricia is his new best friend.  He said they ran all the way back to the car after the game and then hid and, (to use Joseph's words): "scared the crap out of Jared".  I'm just glad that he had a good time.
Don't worry about me, I didn't get lonely while they were gone.  I went out with some friends to see the SING A LONG version of Mamma Mia.  Yeah, it's getting ridiculous how many times I've seen the movie, but it was way more fun this time because when I felt like singing, I COULD!  And at the end of the movie when my friend got up and started dancing and then made me join her, it was awesome.  There were 10 of us that went.  I had a blast.  Afterwards we went out to Chili's for some dessert.  Thanks to Karen for inviting me.  I had a great time.  

9 comments:

Shauna said...

OMIGOSH! We love the same music!! Depeche Mode, The Smiths, Yaz, Alphaville....You rock, girl!! (I also really like OMD, Thompson Twins, and then the more weird stuff like Siouxsie and the Banshees, Stephen Duffy, The Smithereens, etc.)

LauraB said...

WHAT?? What is the SING-A-LONG Mamma Mia all about?? WHERE is it??? You HAVE to tell me!!!

Kim said...

During the SING-A-LONG version, whenever they sing in the movie, the words appear at the bottom of the screen so you can sing along. My mom and I are thinking about going this weekend if she is in town. We will definitely let you know if we are going.

Sheri said...

Where are the pictures from your night out?

I like those mushrooms too - mostly I like to kick them out with my shoes.

Go DEVILS!

Kim said...

I was having so much fun, I totally forgot to bust out the camera. I did have it with me though, I always do.

Shauna said...

I really, really like The Cure as well. Alan bought me their greatest hits CD a couple of years ago and I wasn't sure I wanted to keep but I opened it any way and LOVED IT!

Back in the day I wasn't into Top 40 music either - mostly "mod" music. My friends thought I was so weird.

Unknown said...

Um Joe you can run with me anytime! In fact you can scare the crap out of Jared anytime too!! I was surprised to hear that cause i was a little bit of a bum due to strep throat. Next time Joe I will be screaming and cheering and then we can run around!! Go Devils!

Unknown said...

Oh... and I want an invite to Sing a long mama mia!!

Jamie said...

Sing-Along???? No fair!!!! You are so lucky!!!!

(Do my many punctuation marks get across the enormous amount of jealousy I am feeling right now?)