Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wedding Pix

Saturday, June 28th - 2008


I went with Tricia tonight to photograph a wedding.  She is the Master photographer.  I am the lowly assistant.  It was a long night.  We first went to the brides house to take some candid photo's of her getting ready.  Then it was off to the church where we took pictures during the ceremony and reception.  We were gone for at least 5 hours.  I wish we had some time to take some posed shots.  Nearly all of the shots were candid.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I like candid shots, especially when photographing kids.  But with wedding shots, it's nice to have time with the couple and their family to do some posed shots.  We didn't have much time for any of that.  And, the lighting in the church was really dim.  Also, there were so many other people there with cameras and video cameras, that it was hard to take any photo's without other people taking photo's in the background (I don't know if that makes sense, but it makes sense in my head).  On the plus side, the bride and groom were really nice, as were their families.  The reception was interesting and fun.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I love that picture! I agree, with a wedding you need more posed shots.

Teresa said...

I wished I known about her last year. I hate my wedding photos.

Unknown said...

Okay I promise next week will be better. It was awful I thought. So frusturating. Trust me Kim you are master photographer! Thanks for your help