Saturday, July 26, 2008

I heart ABBA

Friday, July 18th - 2008

Today I went to see Mamma Mia with my mom and Laura.  I loved this movie.  It was so much fun.  How could you not love a movie that is filled with ABBA songs? My love of ABBA came from one of my favorite 80's bands: Erasure.  They covered a number of ABBA songs.  That was my first exposure to it.  So, when I found out they were ABBA covers, I had to start listening to the originals.  I love music and musical theater.  This movie was so much fun.  The only problem was that I wanted to bust out singing.  I had to restrain myself.  I don't think the other movie-goers would appreciate it.  Afterwards my mom and I went to Target and bought the soundtrack.  Now, when I listen in my car, I can sing along as loud as I want.  Poor Joe.  He is not the ABBA fan that I am.  He will just have to deal with it.  

6 comments:

Sheri said...

I feel the same. I loved this movie and the next time I see it I will be singing along!

Jamie said...

Right there with you, Kim!

LauraB said...

"Mamma mia, here I go again; my my, how can I resist you?" Answer: I can't!! I'd watch this movie again and again!

Karen Lambson said...

Kim,

Why isn't there any ABBA music on your blog?

ducklips said...

Ok first, Alphaville came on when I clicked on your blog and this is one of my favorite songs of all times. I was just telling my brother that you could fall in love with anyone if this song is playing. But, enough of that. I am in love with this movie too, and the music for that matter. I think you should start singing in the theater. I think everyone is thinking the same thing and if you started the whole theater singing, how cool would that be? Just a thought, but I really want to be there when you do.

AZ Hey-mon said...

I went and saw it and loved it and came home said I am going to be in the sequel. What no seqel?!? then I will write it. I want to be in the movie!