Friday, July 4, 2008

At the bookstore

Monday, June 23rd - 2008


Stacy and I are working on a children's book.  Today we went to Barnes and Noble to browse the children's book section for publishers.  I know we could have done it on line, but it was more fun to actually go into the bookstore.  Bookstores are dangerous places for me.  I could spend all day in there, and I rarely leave one without buying something (I did manage it today).  I love books so much, it is ridiculous.  Joshua, Michael and Joseph came with us.  This is how Michael and Joe kept themselves busy while we browsed.  It's hard to see, but there is a unicorn and a princess doll in the middle of that table.  How cute are those boys sitting there?

4 comments:

prism said...

A wonderful resource for publishers' information is in the Writer's Market books. There is one every year (so, it would be "2008 Writer's Market"), and there is also one specifically for children's writing publishers.

Please, check it out - it is worth the investment if you are serious about getting published. They list all the publishers, some of what they take, and how to query them, etc. with the contacts and addresses.

Also, what you are doing is good, so that you have a feel for the type of books each publisher prefers.

Let me know when you get published!

Sheri said...

I'm excited for you guys! I'm assuming that you are doing the illustrations too :)

Teresa said...

I am addicted to book stores too!

Hope to see your finished book soon.

LauraB said...

Woo-Hoo!! When it's published, we should have a "Publishing Party" to celebrate!