Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Family Home Evening

Sunday, June 29th - 2008

Once a month my family (My parents, my brothers and sisters and their families) meet together for an extended family - family home evening.  We usually do it on the first Sunday of the month.  But, since we missed the one the first weekend in June, due to family being out of town, and since June has 5 Sundays, we did it this week instead.  Mom invited us all to come an hour early, and she made her famous chili that everybody loves.  She's awesome.  Cooking for 27 can't be easy.  My mom taught a lesson about David and Goliath and gave all the kids their own bag of stones.  I was worried that some of the boys (who shall remain nameless) would try to act out the story with their stones, but luckily, everyone behaved.  It gets loud and crazy, but I think everyone has a good time.  I think it's a fun tradition that Joseph will always remember.  He totally looks forward to it.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

My kids live for the first Sunday of the month :)