Sunday, November 30, 2008

Why I hate bougainvillea's

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 25th - 2008

This is a picture of the bougainvillea plant at my mom's house.  It is one of many that she has in her yard.
I pretty much hate all bougainvillea plants, but this one I hate most of all.  Why do I hate it?  There are several reasons really.  First of all, bougainvillea is a pretty stupid name for a plant.  Try saying it out loud.  Doesn't it sound stupid?   Secondly, they grow really fast and always look unruly.  Third, they are filled with thousands (no I'm not exaggerating) of tiny thorns that scrape my arms and my legs when I try to put up Christmas lights on my mom's house.  All of her bougainvillea's get in my way, but this one is by far the worst.  If it was up to me, I would take an axe to it. 

I finally got around it to put the string of lights up in this section, but I am not happy with it.  I couldn't get all of the lights facing in the same direction like I want them to be (yes, I am OCD).  So, if you happen to see the Christmas lights at my mom's house this year, just ignore the small section behind the bougainvillea bush.

5 comments:

Sheri said...

They sure are perdy though.

Teresa said...

I think they are beautiful, but I agree they are a pain to prune.

Merilee said...

I'm so with you Kim. I hate those things. They are evil.

LauraB said...

Hey, Kim - there ARE a couple of crooked lights. Does it bug you? Do you want to dive into that bush and straighten them? Am I being evil? Sorry. ;)

Kim said...

Laura, you have NO idea how much it bugs me. But I am going nowhere near that evil plant again.