Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Have you seen me?

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 19th - 2008

HAVE YOU SEEN ME? :

Today I went to my mom's to get a start on her outside Christmas lights.  I spent the morning cleaning out her Christmas closet.  There is WAY more junk in there than there should be.  I know I cleaned it out last Christmas.  What happened?  I finally lugged the 5 boxes upstairs, ready to start.  But, where is the staple gun?  Every year we run into this problem.  I look EVERYWHERE and cannot find it.  I'm starting to think it's a conspiracy or something.  Maybe Laura has secretly hidden it so she can FINALLY beat me at putting the lights up first this year (she did too, dang it!). 

 So, instead of putting up lights, I spent the early afternoon playing with Addy and Ro.  Addy was so cute today too in her "Fancy Nancy" dance skirt.  She had come right from dance class, and she looked adorable.  Can you believe I didn't take a picture?  I think I was too distraught about the staple gun.  Any way, I gave up.  I left to pick up Joe from school.  I got a call late this afternoon saying that my dad had located a staple gun. 

So,  I go back over, and it IS a staple gun, but it is not THE staple gun.  The one he found was ancient and rusted and freakin' hard to use.  I'm not superwoman here.  So, I got 2 whole strings on the house before I gave up.  I guess I'll have to breakdown and buy another one.  It seems like I do that every year.  Where is this black hole that is sucking up my staple guns?  Anyway, 2 strings down, 18 or so to go.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

I LOVE Christmas lights. You are so good to get them up so early. I'm jealous over here. Stuart won't let any spirit out before Thanksgiving. Although, I do have to say, it still feels way too hot for Christmas.

prism said...

So this time, just keep it at your house and take it over there at Christmas time instead of letting it fall into the abyss. :-)

I admire your ambition. I have never gotten around to hanging up outside lights. I've tried a few times, but given up. We don't even have a ladder (oops).

Sheri said...

It stinks because you go through this every year. This year you should take the staple gun home with you and put it with your Christmas stuff.

Darrel said...

Kim, I need to borrow your staple gun. My broke. That shouldn't be a problem, right?

LauraB said...

Hey, Kim - let me store your staple gun for you and I'll let you have it every year around, say, December 10th? That work for you?

Kim said...

Darrel and Laura, you guys are hilarious.