Sunday, November 9, 2008

Soccer, Arsenic and Old Lace

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 8th - 2008

Today was busy for Joe and I.  This morning we went to Max's soccer game.  I usually try to be the good aunt and make it out to my nephew's sporting events, but I have to admit, this soccer season, I haven't been to ANY games.  Earlier in the season it was just too hot.  Also, it's hard for me to make early games on Saturday morning.  I stay up waaay too late Friday night.  I know, excuses, excuses.  So, Joe and I decided to go see Max play (Sorry Alex, 8:00 a.m. was just too early for me).  It was worth it, and I totally wanted to kick myself for not making it out to more of them.  Isn't he the cutest soccer player ever?
Here he is in action:  
Joe was happy because his friend Nate from school happened to be at the soccer fields, so he had someone to hang out with.  We were going to stay for Ben and James' game, but I realized that I had to get Joe home and feed him lunch before we headed off to Kaitlin's (I have been spelling it wrong) play.  

Today was the last showing of "Arsenic and Old Lace".  Kaitlin is one of Adam's friends (see October 27th post).  My mom, Adam, Joe and I went to see her in it.  She played Elaine (for any of you who have seen the movie).  She did such a good job.  I was worried that Joe might not enjoy the show because he doesn't really know the story, and there is a lot of dialog.  I thought it might be a little over his head, and that he wouldn't get the humor, but he totally did.  He has the best laugh. 

 Here is Kaitlin with "Teddy" and "Dr. Einstein"(who happened to be Joe's favorite characters in the play).  
I love old movies - especially anything with Jimmy Stewart or Cary Grant.  "Arsenic and Old Lace" stars Cary Grant.  He is so great in it.  It was fun to go and see the play today.  Now, I'll have to go watch the movie with Joe.  

3 comments:

LauraB said...

No doubt - he is the cutest soccer player ever!

Sheri said...

I love that picture of Max. I'm stealing it for my blog. I hope you don't get mad.

Brian said...

Dang Sheri. THIEF!!! As long as you observe all copyright laws.