Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 30th - 2008

It wouldn't be Halloween without the pumpkin carving.  Usually Joe, Brian and I each do one, but this year, it was just Joe.  I was going to carve one too, but I had so much going on that by the time I went out to get another pumpkin, it was slim pickings.  There was like 2 left and they were small and deformed and I didn't have time to shop around to find a good one.  Thank goodness Brian brought home the "perfect pumpkin" (See Sept. 13th post) over a month ago.  I was worried it would be rotten, but it was fine.  

I gutted it and Joseph carved it.  I kept trying to help him because I like carving pumpkins and I wanted a turn, but he wasn't having it.  He wanted to do it himself.  I think it turned out pretty good.


Also today:  Addy and Ro came over to play a while.  I love those kiddo's.  And, our home teacher came by for a visit tonight and brought Joseph a book.  He knows that Joseph loves to read and he is a librarian and they often have extra books that they give to him.  I thought that was pretty thoughtful and nice of him.  And the book is one I haven't heard of yet, but it looks like it's going to be a good one.  

Happy Day!

6 comments:

Merilee said...

The pumpkin looks awesome. Was that freehand?

Sheri said...

We didn't do pumpkins this year. See, I am a bad mom.

Kim said...

While Joe is very artistic, the pumpkin was not freehand. He used a pattern.

Unknown said...

UH... Where are my pumpkin seeds???

Teresa said...

I wish I could carve that well. Mine look a little sad.

Karen Lambson said...

Joe,

Your pumpkin looks great!!