Wednesday, November 5, 2008

High School Musical & Birthdays

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 1st - 2008

Today was another busy day.  So, I had promised to take Joe, Michael and Alex to see High School Musical 3.  I know it sounds odd that 3 boys would want to go see that movie, but let me explain.  When I first saw the commercial for the movie I knew I wanted to go see it.  I love musicals.  And I loved the first 2 movies (yeah, I'm still 12- I can't help it).  So I asked Joe if he would go see it with me, to which he promptly responded:  "NO WAY".  I then replied with:  "You know that it's going to be a theater FULL of girls about your age."  Being as girl crazy as he is, he quickly changed his mind.

Then, he invited Michael.  Michael is just as girl crazy as Joe, maybe even more so.  These are the boys that practice their guitar because girls dig guys with guitars.  These are the boys that watch "Drake and Josh" to get tips on how to pick up girls.  Anyway, they hatched up a plan.  We would go to the movie and they would try to find some girls to sit by them.  I was not allowed to sit anywhere near them or act like I know them.  I thought it was hilarious and I NEVER thought they would really approach any girls, so I agreed.  Somewhere along the line, Alex got himself invited to come too.  

So, today was movie day.  We got there early because I knew it would be crowded.  I gave them one rule:  Don't be obnoxious and run around the theater being loud or they would have to come and sit by me (how embarrassing).  I leave them in the theater and I go out to get popcorn and drinks for them.  I'm not allowed to be seen with them, but I am allowed to buy their snacks.  I come back in and Michael rushes over:  "I told a hot girl I liked her shoes.  What do I do now?"  I asked how the girl responded.  Michael said:  "She didn't say anything, but she keeps staring at me."  The "hot" girl happened to have 2 friends with her and they weren't with a parent either.  I told him that he could either ask if her and her friends would like to sit with them, or he could go over to where they were sitting and ask if they could sit there.  

So, they make their way over.  I'm across the theater a couple of rows up watching all this.  Apparently it worked because they boys sat down in the 3 seats next to the girls.  Alex got the lucky seat next to the girl.

After the movie was over, I asked them how it went.  Alex said:  "I offered the girl a red vine, and she took it.  What does that mean?"  I told him it was a good sign.

When I asked Joe how he liked the movie he said he had a great time.  He also said that he didn't watch the movie, he watched the hot girls.  He's only 11.  I may be in trouble here.  As I was not allowed to be seen with the boys, sadly there are no pictures to document this occasion.

After the movie, Joe, Brian and I headed out to the middle of nowhere for a family birthday party.  Imagine driving to Queen Creek and then you keep going for like 20 or 30 more minutes.  Brian's parents and Brian's sister both live out that direction.  Brian's dad's birthday was on October 30th and our nieces birthday is on Halloween, so there was a family party today.  Here is a picture of the birthday girl:

This is the birthday girl with the cutest dog in the world (did I just say that?)...
I am not known for liking dogs, but this one is so cute and sweet.  I kept petting him all night, to which Brian kept asking:  "Who are you?"

All in all, it was a good day.

8 comments:

LauraB said...

Oh great - you've already gone to HM3 - now who am I going to get to go with me???

Charlotte said...

Uh...You can take Caitlin, Laura. She has been bugging me to go. I hate sitting for 2 hours straight..you know, cuz of my adult ADHD :)

Charlotte said...

Oh, BTW...That is too funny and when my daughter is older, she will not be allowed to sit by boys in the theater or eat their twizzlers!!

Darrel said...

I believe Kim said red vines and not twizzlers. To the untrained tongue that may seem like a simple mistake. The truth is, however, twizzlers are disgusting, while red vines are delicious. Please, Charlotte, you need to fact check before commenting. While I agree you should not let her eat other boys, twizzlers, I think it should be okay for red vines.

Sheri said...

Thank you for the clarification Darrel - you are absolutely right! And thank you Kim - you know you are everyone's favorite aunt!

Kim said...

Okay, Get this straight... NO ONE is more girl crazy then I am. And Darrel, I agree, red vines ARE delicious.

:)oe

Charlotte said...

Darrel, I guess when you put it that way...somehow eating a boys red vines sounds better than eating their twizzlers.

Karen Lambson said...

I'm sorry I missed the fun at the movies.