Sunday, November 30, 2008

Coldplay

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 26th - 2008

Tonight was the Coldplay concert.  Brian and I have been looking forward to it for a long time.  They were supposed to come back in July, but rescheduled for tonight.  The opening band was Sleepercar.  I had never heard of them before, but I really liked them a lot.  I'm going to have to check out some of their music now.  Our seats were pretty fantastic.  We were on the floor, 17th row, slightly off center.  And, part of the stage extended into the crowd, when they came down and played that part of the stage, they were so close.  It was awesome.  
Coldplay put on a really good show, although I wished they would've played a little longer.  They barely went 90 minutes.  It was an outstanding concert though.  I didn't bring my camera because I didn't think it would be allowed, but pretty much EVERYBODY had one.  Oh well.  Brian took some pictures on his camera phone, but so far we have been unable to get them off of the phone.  My favorite songs off of the new album are: Cemeteries of London, and Lost.

Near the end of the concert, they left the stage, walked to the back of the arena, climbed the stairs and went into the crowd and played a couple of songs from the cheap seats.  It was pretty cool.  

During "Lovers in Japan" they released thousands and thousands of glow in the dark butterflies.

Again, it was an awesome night.  Do you like Coldplay?  If so, what is your favorite Coldplay song?  If you don't like Coldplay, then just keep it to yourself (that means you Darrel).  Actually, if you don't like Coldplay, then what do you like?  I'm always interested in what people are listening to.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

You know how I feel about Coldplay. My top 5 favorite Coldplay songs are: Shiver, 42, Clocks, The Scientist & one that i can't remember the name.

Darrel said...

I'll keep my comments to myself.