Thursday, November 27, 2008

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 24th - 2008

I have had a membership at this gym for a while now.  I have used it sporadically at best.  And, it's been over a month since I've gone.  I found out a couple of days ago that my friend Karen has a membership here too.  She talked me into meeting her at the gym at 9:00 today(She's always talking me into something).  We started out on the elliptical machines.  All was good.  Then, we moved to the treadmills, but most of them were not working or being used.  We couldn't find 2 together, so she talked me into doing weights.  Another one of her friends was there and would show us what to do.  I've done weights before, but it's been a LONG LONG time.  Again, all was good, until we did some work on the hamstrings.  That's when it killed me.  It's funny, because I thought I would have trouble with the arms, but it turned out to be the legs that were hard for me.  
It actually wasn't too bad at the time, but about an hour after I got home I started to feel it.  My legs have been so sore all day.  Maybe I should have actually stretched BEFORE we did weights.  We did do a lot of stretching after, but I think by then it was too late.  

The next time I see Karen, I'm going to kick her.  Just Kidding Karen (maybe).

No, actually it was good for me.  I need to be working out more, and I'm not going to give up just because I have sore legs.  

5 comments:

prism said...

I'm proud of you - if you're sore, it means it's working. ;-)

Stretching really does help - before and after. I need to get going again. I did really good from Feb to this month, then I sort of fizzled. So, I need to start doing more. I love Pilates, though, so I might try to do more of that. Non-impact, and kind of relaxing, too.

Sheri said...

If you keep up with the leg weights your legs will be so toned! Don't give up!

Teresa said...

Good for you! I used to be so diciplined about working out....until Jack was born and I just haven't been able to find the energy since. I know if I did it I would have the energy, but I don't have it to get started, and that is the problem. What a vicious circle...

Shauna said...

Karen always deserves a good kick!!!

AZ Hey-mon said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
I told you that you would be hurting. I went this morning and almost called you to join me.You Miss Muscle can lift more weights than me. Not to mention go longer on cardio. See ya monday morning at 9 again!