Saturday, November 1, 2008

Primary Program

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 26th - 2008

Today was the Primary program in church.  This will be Joseph's last one.  That makes me more than a little sad.  I remember his first one, and how terrified he was (I know it's hard to believe, but he USED to be shy).  I had to bribe him to get up there and say his part.  But he did it.  This year he actually got to write part of his part.  He did a good job.  I was worried he'd speak too fast.  But he didn't.  And, he sang this year.  In some years past he has stood up, but not really sang the songs.

We got Joe a white shirt yesterday.  Up until now, he's just been wearing is collared t-shirts to church.  I know it's not very dressy, but it's what I had to work with.  I figured since he was going to be up in front of everyone that it was time to actually break down and buy the white shirt.  He had a hard time adjusting.  He felt like someone was choking him all day.  So why does he look so happy in this picture?


That's why.  This picture pretty much captures Joe's personality:
And Yes, I made him take the claw off before we left for church.  He had to try though right?

5 comments:

LauraB said...

Man, does he ever look grown up!! The white shirt works for him - he looks quite handsome!

Sheri said...

He looks so handsome in the shirt and tie.

The claw is too funny - and PURE Joseph!

ducklips said...

I love all the personality of your son. He does look great though.

Kas always complains that dress shirts choke him too. He refuses to wear a tie. I told him when he turns 12 he has to to pass the sacrament, but Steve won't let me make him before then. He says let him get away with it for as long as he can.

Karen Lambson said...

Yes, Joe you do look handsome. I am looking forward to February when you get your "priesthood" haircut.

Kim said...

Elise, I'm with Steve, let him get away with it for as long as he can. I just made him wear it for the primary program. He probably won't have to wear it again until he is 12, which is in February. Man, I feel old. The hair has to be cut in February too. I told him to enjoy it while he can.