Sunday, May 18, 2008

Working and Playing

Saturday, May 17th - 2008

Joseph has been wanting a certain toy for a long time now. He asks me every day if we can go buy it. I tell him that when he earns the money for it, then I'll take him to go buy it. He is nothing, if not persistent. Today he actually decided to earn the money. He mowed Grandma's lawn for her - front and back. That is a whole lot of lawn. It was really hot, and while he was mowing the back lawn he had to watch a bunch of his cousins having fun in the swimming pool. I totally thought he would complain, or give up, but he didn't. I took him over and hour and he didn't complain once. He also washed my car for me. Needless to say, he earned enough money for the toy.


Tonight the boys got to play. Brian and Joe went to an ASU baseball game with Paul and Michael, and then out to dinner at Lucille's. Michael and Joe hung out by the dugout and got their tickets signed by a bunch of the players. I thought it was funny that he was so excited to have their autographs, but couldn't tell me the names of any of them. They had a great time.



While they were gone, I had the whole house to myself. I had every intention of doing something productive - blogging, scrapbooking, catching up on some ironing - but then I realized that MTV had been running old episodes of "So You Think You Can Dance" all day. Brian, the sweetie that he is taped them all for me. So, I spent an evening on the couch watching SYTYCD. I got nothing important accomplished. It was great.
On a side note: I scared Addy today. I totally didn't mean to. Joe and I were just getting ready to leave Grandma's house to go home, when Darrel showed up with Addy and Ro. So, we decided to stay a little while. I was on the couch talking to Addy, we were having a great time, when she happened to notice the shirt I was wearing. It was Brian's black "Freedom or Death" shirt. It has a skeleton face on the front. She slowly got off the couch and backed away from me, then she went running down the hall to find Grandma. I put a pillow up in front of me to hide the shirt after that, but she still wouldn't come near me. I felt bad, but I also thought it was cute too. I guess no more "Freedom or Death" when Addy is around.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

We all need those days where you accomplish nothing every now and again.

Sheri said...

I owe Joe a dollar! I didn't forget!

SYTYCD RULES!

AZ Hey-mon said...

Way to make him work. You are such a good mom. I'm afraid I have too many of those didn't accomplish anything nights. Glad you got one.