Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Amazed

Wednesday, May 14th - 2008
Brian and Joe started guitar lessons today. Joseph was super excited all day. Tonight before bed, Joseph was reviewing what he learned. He played a few songs for me: Smoke on the water, Beethoven's Ode to Joy and the Darth Vadar song - you know, the music that plays whenever Darth Vadar enters a room. Then he looks up (all proud of himself) and asks "Do I amaze you?" Yes Joseph, you do amaze me! I was impressed that after one 30 minute lesson he could play me 3 different songs. It's cool that Brian and Joseph get to take their lessons together. We'll see who progresses faster.

Today I also went to lunch with my mom. She got to pick the place - Olive Garden. Tonight I went to Sheri's young women's activity. They were making matching pajama pants for girls camp. She needed people with sewing machines to come and help out the girls. My mom and I went. It was fun and I learned how to make pajama pants.

5 comments:

prism said...

That's funny.. we're making pajama pants for camp, too. hahehh

ducklips said...

The father/ son guitar lessons sound like so much fun. Is there a little competition starting?

How about Tuesday for the temple? Morning is the best time for me. Maybe about 9:30 or 10:00?

ducklips said...

Ok, little change. How about Thursday, same time.

Sheri said...

I appreciate you so much! Thank you for being so willing to help me - you were awesome :)

Joe is pretty amazing...maybe when he gets good he can give Xander lessons since J doesn't seem interested.

Darrel said...

Maybe when Joe is finished learning the guitar he can teach me. I won't even charge him.