Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Family Home Evening


I love my family. The first Suday of every month we have an extended family - family home evening. There are now 27 of us. We take turns giving the lesson, planning an activity and bringing refreshments. It's always a challenge to keep everyones attention. I love it because all of the people I love most in the world are all together in one room. It's often loud, crazy and chaotic, but we are all happy to be there together and we all have a good time.

We had a super fun activity planned by Jared and Tricia's family. Sadly their kids got sick and they couldn't even be there to join in. We made homemade ice cream. Those ziplock bags are full of ice and then another ziplock bag with some liquid (I don't know what it is, but it ends up being ice cream.) My mom told a story. While she read, we were all shaking our bags. Every time she said "right" we passed the bag to the right. When she said "left" we passed to the left. At the end of the story, we had homemade icecream. It was fun!
These pix are for May 4th, 2008.

No comments: