Thursday, May 8, 2008

The benefits of work

Wednesday, May 7th 2008

I love working at my mom's house. It's definitely not the work that I love. It is the environment. So many people go in and out of that house every day. When I'm over there I feel like I'm in the loop of what's going on in the family. The best benefit is that Sheri and Darrel work there too. They often bring their kids to work. This is great for me because I get to see my nieces and nephews more often. Max has become one of my favorite people in the world because I get to see him almost every day. We talk spiderman, batman, spongebob, etc. He keeps me company alot while I'm grouting that fireplace. I love it when Rowan and Addy visit too. I actually don't get much work done when they do because I'd always rather stop what I'm doing and play with them instead. This is a picture of Evan. We aren't best friends yet, but I'm working on him. He used to not give me the time of day, but now when I talk to him he'll smile. He'll play peek a boo with me, and if his mom isn't in the room then I even get to hold him sometimes. I'm slowly winning him over. He is such a cutie. Here he is helping out grandma by vaccuming her floor.




Here is Joshua. I don't get to see him all that often, so I was really happy when he showed up at mom's house today. I'm trying to win him over too. Usually all of the kids really like me, but Joshua is too attached to grandma to even notice me half the time. But, grandma had to run to the store while I was there so I got him to myself for about 15 minutes. I made the most of it. Toy Story is his favorite movie. He loves Buzz Lightyear. Here he is telling me he wants to watch it. I couldn't figure out my mom's dvd player (I am so technilogically challenged). So, instead we went outside to swing on the swings and watch the birdies. It was great!

No comments: