Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Photo-a-Day

So many times over the last couple of months I've said: "I wish I had my camera."

I love pictures. To me pictures are memories. It's true that a picture is worth a thousand words. I can look at a photo and remember everything about what was happening at the time. I have such a bad memory, that if I don't photograph something, I'll probably loose the memory.

My friend gave me the idea to do a photo a day blog. She got the idea from photojojo. I'ts simple. You post a picture a day, and at the end of the year, you have 365 pictures of what you did over the past year.

This is great for me because I'm a poor journal writer. I'd rather tell the story with pictures. Also, time moves surprisingly fast. I can't remember what I did yesterday, much less a year ago. The photo's will help me remember.

I know there will be days when I think there is nothing interesting to photograph, or that I didn't do anything exciting enough to take a photo of, or that everyday is the same, how do I keep it interesting? But, I also believe that life is about the inbetween moments, the small things.

So, this blog is for me. You are welcome to view. Leave comments, or don't. But I'm excited to look back over the year and see what I thought was important to photograph each day!

No comments: