Thursday, May 8, 2008

It's Percy day - Hooray!

Tuesday, May 6th 2008
This day has been circled on our calendar for a while now. It's finally here! Today, the new Percy Jackson & The Olympians book - "The Battle of the Labyrinth" came out. It is the 4th book in the series that has quickly become Joseph's favorite. Yes, he even likes it more than Harry Potter. Sheri bought him the first book "The Lightning Thief" for his birthday in February. We have since bought book 2 and 3 and he finished them quickly. He has been waiting for this day. With chapter headings: I Accidentally Vaporize My Pre-algebra Teacher, I Become Supreme Lord of the Bathroom, and We Meet The Sheep of Doom, it's no wonder he is loving these books. They are loosley based on Greek Mythology. I've read them myself, and I can totally see why kids would love these books. They are funny and action packed. I quite enjoyed them. I can't wait to read book 4 (I have to wait until Joe is finished.)

We also went to James' baseball game today. They weather was gorgeous. It was partly cloudy with a slight breeze. Not hot at all! Emmy was too cute. She ate the stick for her fun dip, and used her finger instead.

3 comments:

AZ Hey-mon said...

Woo Hoo! I am so glad you are doing it. You are right it is about the memories for me. The picture takes me right back to the moment. I read the first of the series and need to get the 2nd and 3rd. I really enjoyed it.

Sheri said...

Hey Joe - when can I borrow that book?

Becca said...

Hey we bought the same book on the 6th!