Friday, December 19, 2008

Tradition

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 16th - 2008

We had a lot of Christmas traditions around here.  My favorite, by far is the reading of a Christmas story every night.  Usually we start it on the 1st of December and read a Christmas story every night of the month.  Somehow the month has gotten away from me and we just started.
We turn on the Christmas tree lights, and the village and then we turn off all of the other lights in the house.  We are cozy in our pj's, and sometimes we add hot chocolate.  This is my favorite tradition because reading those stories helps me feel the Christmas spirit.  They are all about love and giving service and about the true spirit of Christmas.  

What is your favorite Christmas tradition?

2 comments:

Teresa said...

That's one of my favorite things too. We do that each night. The best, however, is watching Christmas movies on Christmas eve, while we're all bundled up and warm.

Sheri said...

Mine is spending time with family. I just like it when everyone gets together.

I also love looking at Christmas lights.