Tuesday, December 9, 2008

rainbows and birthdays

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 7th - 2008

Today, when we got home from church, we saw this:
It was really pretty.  It actually was a full on rainbow, one that goes all the way across the sky.  Joe was excited because he's never seen a full rainbow before.  I think he actually has, but it has been way too long for him to remember.  He wanted me to take a picture of the whole thing, but my camera wouldn't zoom out far enough.  I couldn't get the right angle on it.  He still wanted me to take a picture of part of it so he could remember.  Isn't it pretty?

Tonight was FHE at my mom's.  Joe got a special prize from my mom for reading the Book of Mormon this year on his own.  She bought him a book called "The Wizard Heir."  He is reading the first book in the series, "The Warrior Heir" right now, and he LOVES it.  So, he was pretty excited to get book two.

Today is also Paul's birthday.  Happy Birthday Pauly!  We sang happy birthday to him, and then we had cake and ice cream.  There was also m&m's, both the peanut and plain variety, sugar cookies, Tiffany's canoli's, and Jared (our resident baker) made some yummy treat with oreo's.  I don't know what they were called, but they were good.  Yeah, there was entirely too much junk there, but it was fun. 

 Here is the birthday boy wrestling with his boys:

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Family and lots of junk food. Is there anything better?

Teresa said...

I love rainbows. It seems like I hardly ever see them anymore. Must be too busy to look...how sad is that!

Shauna said...

We saw the same rainbow and Kayla thought is was so cool! It was awesome to see the entire rainbow!