Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh the weather outside is frightful....

MONDAY, DECEMBER 15th - 2008

When Brian & I bought our house 10 or 11 years ago, we bought it new, so we could pick out features that we wanted in the house.  One of the things we both wanted was a fireplace.  I know that's kind of ridiculous for Arizona, but I grew up with a fireplace and my dad always made fires around Christmas time and I loved it.  

We have lived in our house for over 10 years, and never once have we made a fire in our fireplace - until tonight.
The weather today was rainy and cold.  It was awesome.  So Brian decided to make a fire.  Joe was super happy, and it made me remember how much I liked it when my dad would light a fire.  Joe felt a little bit of Christmas magic tonight, and so did I.  We definitely won't be waiting another 10 years to use the fireplace again.

4 comments:

LauraB said...

That is beautiful! What a way to spend an overcast, chilly evening!

Teresa said...

10 years?! Too long! Enjoy it. I am jealous. I miss our fireplace. We aren't using it this year because we had to "Jack-proof" it.

Sheri said...

I want to have a fire sooo bad. But ours doesn't work :(

ducklips said...

Congratulations on your first fire. I am jealous too because right now my feet are really cold.