Monday, December 15, 2008

Iron Envy

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 10th - 2008

When Brian and I got married, we received an iron as one of our wedding presents.  It was a good iron.  It served me well for nearly 13 years.  However, it recently died, and I had to get a new one.  I'll admit it, I went for cheap.  The stupid iron is horrible.  It takes me 2-3 times as long to iron anything.  And, to make matters worse, it is very temperamental.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I've only had it about 2 months and I hate it.  So, I had something I needed to iron today, so I borrowed my mom's.
I now officially have iron envy.  It is awesome.  It took me like 2 minutes to iron a shirt.  It practically ironed the shirt itself.  I want one, badly.  I had a hard time returning it to my mom. 

5 comments:

Teresa said...

My favorite iron is one that is easily 20 years old. I'm not even sure where I got it...some hand-me down I'm sure because I know I didn't buy it. It works better than any new one I ever tried to buy. I don't know what I'll do if it stops working, probablly stop ironing, since that is one job I absolutely hate!

Merilee said...

My Mom has a serious iron or 2 at her house as well. I love using them.

LauraB said...

Iron? Who irons? WHAT do you iron? Aren't things wrinkle free now?

Karen Lambson said...

Cathi says her Rowenta iron is the best but they are very expensive. Would you like one for Christmas Kim?

Brian said...

Actually I already bought her a Rowenta. She got it today. Thanks for the offer!!! She's still hurting for a vacuum though!