Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas lights

MONDAY, DECEMBER 8th - 2008

I was feeling very bah humbug today.  So, Brian suggested that we go look at Christmas lights tonight to lift my spirits.  We went to our favorite Christmas lights neighborhood.  Instead of driving through, we decided to get out and walk it, so we could take our time and see everything.  We first had to stop off for a couple of friends, and some Circle K hot chocolate.  Now, Circle K hot chocolate is not as good as the cannery's, but it is still pretty, darn good - way better than Starbuck's.  Here are the boys in front of the Spongebob house.

My favorite house is the snowman house.  I can't help it.  I have a thing for snowmen.

We also love the giant rocking horse house.  I guess technically its a rocking reindeer.  Brian and I love the lollipop lights.  We were trying to figure out how they made them.

You know what?  A little hot chocolate and Christmas lights go a long way.  Add in a little Harry Connick Jr. Christmas music and you can't go wrong.   I feel much less bah humbug, and a lot more Christmassy now.  

What do  you do to help get you into the Christmas spirit?

7 comments:

Teresa said...

What a fun night! Where is this neighborhood? I want to check it out.

Kim said...

It's off of Az Ave and Guadalupe. From Guadalupe turn north onto Cherry street and follow the line of cars to the neighborhood. You can't miss it.

LauraB said...

You know, we've been driving in that neighborhood many times over the years to see the lights but we've never walked it - I like that idea! Especially with a hot mug of good hot chocolate - mmmmmm. :)

To get in the Christmas spirit I like to get my outside lights hung BEFORE KIM!!!

Unknown said...

I love that neighborhood. Fyi can you burn be a copy of the harry connick Jr. cd? I LOVE him

Sheri said...

Thank you for taking Xander - he had a blast! I don't know what I do to get in the Christmas spirit - I'm still trying to figure it out!

AZ Hey-mon said...

Craig has been telling our kids that HCJr was my boyfriend before we got married. So they keep asking if he used to sing me the songs on his Christmas CD.

Do you have the new one?

We gotta go see this lights they look awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

I think once I am at home in AZ it finally feels like Christmas to me. Or when we sing Christmas songs. The rest of the time it just seems like chaos.