Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Eve

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 24th - 2008

I managed to get all my Christmas stuff done by yesterday, so today was all about spending time with family.  This morning Joe and I stuck with our Christmas Eve tradition by making cookies for "Santa" - gingerbread, of course.  And then, we watched The Grinch.
Then, we headed over to my mom's house for some Chick-fil-a and Someburros.  I know, that sounds like an odd combination, but my mom always has to try and please everyone.  Thanks mom!

After Brian made it home from work, we headed over to his parents house to spend Christmas Eve night with them.

Joe and D were all giggles.  They had fun hanging out together.  The kids each got to open one present that night.  Joe got a Christmas movie and some popcorn and candy.
Brian hung out on the couch.  Isn't his date a cutie?  After snuggling here, they went and checked the Santa watch on the computer.  He went from South America to North America in a matter of minutes.  Man, he's fast.  When he made it to Tennessee, we decided that it was time to get the kids home and into bed.

We carried out our last tradition of the evening when we got home.  We each got to open one present - pajama's of course.  

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I love the pjs on Christmas eve tradition. It's one of my favorites.

Sheri said...

Those gingerbread cookies were soooo good.