Tuesday, December 16, 2008

busy Saturday

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 13th - 2008

Today was a busy day.  For me it started at 6:00 a.m.  For any of you who know me, that is EARLY - especially when it was nearly 2:00 when I went to bed the night before.  I am definitely a night owl and NOT a morning person.  But, I had to make some cookies for the cookie exchange today.  

At 10:30 (ok, so it was more like 10:45, I was late) I went to Cathi's house with 6 dozen cookies in tow.  My plan was to make 2 different kinds of cookies.  I got the krispy cookies done in time, but it was clear that I wasn't going to be able to finish the peppermint sugar cookies, so I had Brian make and emergency run to paradise bakery for some gingerbread molasses cookies. 

The party was fun, and I thought the cookie/candy selection was pretty good this year.  I have to say that so far, the cranberry cookies are my favorite.  I LOVE all things cranberry.  To be fair, I haven't tried all of the different kinds of cookies yet.  Thanks to Laura and Cathi for putting on yet another great cookie party.  

Then, it was off to the park for Ben's birthday party.  Here is a picture of all 15 of my parents grandkids, plus 3 extra's.  There are 2 Ganem's in there and Jared Ammon's girlfriend too.  
Somebody needed to tell these boys that there was a kickball game going on around them.  Actually, that was the only time I recall them sitting down.  They loved the wide open fields at the park and spent the majority of the time running as far away as possible.  I missed the photo op where the 3 moms were chasing down the 3 boys.  For more about Ben's party, see Sheri's blog.

After the park, we all met back at my mom's to take pictures of the kids for the annual Christmas calendar we make for mom and grandma every year.  It was pretty much chaos.  The little ones were especially hard to photograph, as Evan ran off every chance he got, and Rowan was afraid of the black backdrop. 

Then, (yeah, this day just keeps going and going) tonight Brian and I took Joe, Dallin and Michael to get some hot chocolate and to go see the Temple lights.

It was a VERY long day, but also lots of fun.

5 comments:

Sheri said...

I love the temple lights. They are my favorite :)

LauraB said...

Kim, you make me tired. I was wiped out just after the cookie party and I didn't get up at 6:00 a.m.!!

Teresa said...

I love those kids playing, oblivious to the game around them. That is so cute.

prism said...

The cookie exchange looks interesting. I've been to a couple of them, but would love to host one sometime. What were the numbers on the plates for? Need ideas.

I miss being able to go to the temple Christmas lights. I always got a warm glowy feeling as a kid when we would go see them.

I miss you all.

ducklips said...

Yay, I'm so glad you liked the cranberry cookies. I fell in love with them when my mom made them.