Sunday, August 24, 2008

mom's cd

MONDAY, AUGUST 18th - 2008


So, I've been promising my mom for a long time now that I would make her a cd.  She likes some of the music that I listen to.  Mostly the mellow stuff.   So, with her birthday being Tuesday, I pull out all of the old cd's today and start to sort through them (yes, I am a totally last minute person).  I have actually been thinking about this a lot and already have a list going of songs I want to put on there (I am a total list person too).  

 I notice that a lot of songs I have on the list, I don't actually have cd's for.  I haven't bought a new cd in a while.  With Ipods, Satellite radio, and the ability to download any song you want, I haven't felt the need to.  Then I start to notice a theme here:  a lot of the songs I have written down are from the past couple of seasons of SYTYCD.  As we watch she'll mention that she likes the song that someone was dancing to.  I of course, pay attention, and write it down on my list.  So, I ended up making her a SYTYCD music cd.  That way, when she's in the car and can't watch the show, she can put the cd in and still hear the music.  I didn't have ANY of the songs and had to download all of them (actually Brian did all the work.  He knows his way around a computer - I dont!)  Thanks Brian!  

I still have a long list of great songs from the cd's that I have that I want to make for her, but that will have to wait for another time.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I didn't even see the mix! I'll have to ask her about it - I bet she loves it.

Karen Lambson said...

I do love it. We listened to it on the way to the cabin. Thanks Kim!!