Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mom's party

TUESDAY, AUGUST 19th - 2008

Today was mom's 60th birthday.  I know that Sheri already blogged about it, but here is my take, and my favorite pictures from the night.  I actually had a lot more favorites, but I had to stop somewhere.

The "60 sucks" suckers were a hit with the kids.  I thought they were funny.

Emmy kept an eye on the cupcakes.  To her credit, she didn't take one until she had permission to.  

Mom had some help blowing out the candles on 2 cakes - Jared's delicious red velvet cake, and Grandma's yummy cake.  I don't know what it's called, but with all those layers and the coconut and pecans, it was fabulous.  

Two of my favorite stars of the party:

My all time favorite star:

This picture is SO Jared and Darrel.  My brothers always have a way of knowing when the camera is pointed at them.  Do you even know how many pictures I have like this?

Here we are watching Tricia's tribute video.  She put in a ton of work on this thing, and she did a fabulous job.  It was fun seeing all of the pictures of mom, and reading about the trivia from 1948.  

I couldn't resist this picture of Alex jumping off of the trampoline.  I loved the look on his face.

Here is Anna helping mom check out all of her gifts.  No, mom does not have freakish horns sticking out of her head - she is standing in front of a streamer.  You think I'd be a better photographer by now.  I should not have let that happen.

Here she is with her birthday bling.  Although, she is not wearing her feather boa yet.  I took like 10 pictures of her, and she kept closing her eyes EVERY time.  This was the best shot because she is laughing, and it's ok of your eyes are closed if you are laughing.
The girls were supposed to sing Super Trooper with our star glasses and feather boas, but I was the only one who practiced, so we scrapped it.  I guess we'll have to save the performance for our Mamma Mia dvd release party.

Happy Birthday mom!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

I want that picture of Xander!

It was a fun night, thanks mostly to you and Tricia. I will keep listening to Super Trooper and be ready in time for the mama mia party.

ducklips said...

Fun party! Can I please come to your Mama Mia release party. I want to see you guys do Super Trooper.

Karen Lambson said...

I can hardly wait for the release party. Who is going to do Super Trouper?

Teresa said...

Great pictures. It makes me feel like I was there!

LauraB said...

I forgot to comment on this one! I, too, am surprised at the picture of "Devil Mom" - those really look like some serious horns growing out of her head!!

I'll be the director for the cast of the Super Trooper Extravaganza!