Saturday, August 30, 2008

A family favorite

TUESDAY, AUGUST 26th - 2008

We have been counting down to this day for a long time.  The Nightmare Before Christmas was re-released on dvd today.  Last year at Christmas time, Joe and I went to try and buy this movie for my nephew.  The sad news was that it was no longer available on dvd.  Disney had pulled it.  But, the guy told us that they would re-release it the following year.  So, this year in July, when my nephews birthday rolled around, we went looking for it again.  Sadly, it was not out yet.  We were told the release date was August 26th.  
So, today, we went and picked up a copy for ourselves.  We only had it on vhs.  Joe absolutely LOVES this movie.  So we were happy to pick it up.  I was planning on getting it on dvd, but then Brian reminded me that Joe got a PS3 for Christmas last year, and that you could play blu-ray discs on them.  He talked me into getting it on Blu-ray.  The sad thing is, I can't figure out how to make it play on the PS3, and now I'm wishing I would have got it on dvd.  I am so technologically challenged, it's sad.  

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I LOVE that movie. It was stolen when my house was broken into last year, so I guess now that it is re-released I will have to go get it.

Don't feel bad. I consider myself pretty good technologically speaking, but I can't play movies on our PS3 either!

Trina said...

So you havn't been able to watch it yet? How sad. At least the cover looks good. I have never seen that movie. I am very technologically challenged too and I'm to lazy to care:)

Sheri said...

How do I have it and you don't? I think I got it at Disneyland a few years ago.

Kim said...

We had it on vhs, but never got it on dvd - until now!