Monday, August 4, 2008

Back to School

Monday, July 28th- 2008


Today was the first day back to school for Joseph.  He started 6th grade today.  I still can't believe it myself.  Where did all the time go?  It seems like just yesterday I was driving him to his first day of Kindergarten, bawling my eyes out (I did wait until he went inside, so he wouldn't see me).  While I didn't cry this year, I was sad.  I love Joe.  We had a fun time hanging out this summer.  I miss him when he's gone all day.  On the other hand, I do get more things accomplished while he's at school.  When he's home, I just have too much fun hanging out with him to get anything done.  He was happy to get back to his friends.  This year he rules the school.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

6th grade is the best!

Teresa said...

Why the heck is school starting in early August? It's still summer!

Kim said...

They are on Year Round school. They only get 7 or 8 weeks in the summer, but then they get a 2 1/2 week break in October and March. I remember starting school after Labor Day in September. What happened?