Monday, August 25, 2008

Pine Tree

THURSDAY, AUGUST 21st - 2008


Today my mom is up at the cabin.  As it is incredibly HOT today (as always), I find myself thinking of the cabin a lot.  Usually my mom will call and tell me how cool the temperature is, or how it's been raining all day.  I have been dying to go up there all summer, but I haven't made it up there yet.  So, instead I went out and took a picture of MY pine tree.
I love my pine trees (I have 2).  They smell really yummy, especially when it rains, and even though it's really hot here, when I look at the picture, I think of the cabin and how cool and refreshing it is.  Even though my bug guy told me that pine trees are extremely acidic and I will never get grass or anything to grow beneath them, I don't care.  I'll take the big beautiful trees any day.  

3 comments:

Teresa said...

So, I bet you loved all that rain we got last night! I just listened to it all night. Very peaceful.

Kim said...

I love it when it rains at night. I actually went out and stood in the rain and smelled the yummy pine tree. It was great.

Sheri said...

Pinetrees smell like Christmas.