Thursday, August 21, 2008

I can't stop watching

SATURDAY, AUGUST 16th - 2008

What is it about the Olympics?  I don't even like sports, but for some reason, I can't stop watching.  I'm not completely obsessed, I don't watch all day every day or anything like that.  But, after I put Joseph to bed, I turn it on and I can't seem to walk away from it.  I watch it until that night's coverage is complete.  

Tonight, of course, Michael Phelps won his 8th gold medal.  It was pretty awesome, although the race before where he came from behind to win by .01 second was more exciting.  I have also enjoyed watching the gymnastics and beach volleyball.  Is anyone else hooked like I am?

2 comments:

LauraB said...

Hooked? All I know is I would tune in to catch Phelps and he'd be scheduled to swim in "46 minutes," so I would just "see" what was going on, and then you can't leave now because the Chinese divers were up and I can't believe how big their thighs are and then the marathon was on and it was interesting watching the gal from Britain falling farther behind then the Romanian broke way out front and then the girls beach volleyball intrigued me because the Americans dominated but then the 100-meter dash is going to be something to see and it was because the Bolt from Jamaica broke another record and then...no, I wouldn't call me hooked, would you?

Sheri said...

I'm right there with you. I'm hooked. And filled with pride.