Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Back to school shots

WEDNESDAY, JULY 30TH - 2008

Going back to school means going to the doctor for shots.  He actually hasn't had to do the back to school shots in a few years.  But for sixth grade there are 2 that are required.  Joe is very squeamish when it comes to needles.  He was not looking forward to this at all.  But, the doctor told him that it would be 5 more years before he would need another one.  That perked him up a little.  
Doesn't he look too old to be in a Winnie the Pooh room?  What age do you switch from your pediatrician to your family doctor?  I hate to loose our pediatrician, he is really great, and Joe feels comfortable with him, but he was also definitely the oldest one in the waiting room.  

He found a way to keep himself busy while waiting.  Yes, that is Clifford the Big Red Dog he is reading.  Maybe he's not too old after all.

6 comments:

Sheri said...

I love the look on Joe's face.

P.S. I loved the book - better than Twilight.

AZ Hey-mon said...

my pediatrician still sees kids in high school that drive themselves there. my kids will be doing that also,because I love her.

Trina said...

Ha! That is hillarious! He looks way to old to be in that room. But don't you think it would be cool if your Dr's office was painted.

Teresa said...

That was a great picture! He looks so out of place in the Pooh room. What a look on his face. I think it is great you capture these pictures.

Karen Lambson said...

I think Joe looks great with Winnie. He has his Eyore face on.

LauraB said...

I say let him go until the pediatrician kicks him out! (Of course, if I were Joe I would set a limit on the age at which you take pictures of him in the Pooh room - like 11!)